• Register
Search Questions / Answers

Welcome to AccountantAnswer Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers. Although you need not be a member to ask questions or provide answers, we invite you to register an account and be a member of our community for mutual help. You can register with your email or with facebook login in few seconds

Get AccountantAnswer App

How shall an investment share granted by the Government be recorded ?!

An investment share in a public Company is transferred on the shape of GRANT from Government (Previous owners of shares to a Limited Liability Company (Current owner of Shares), how the Investment grant is recorded in the books of grantee in case it was Conditional Grant or non-conditional

asked Oct 10, 2017 in General IFRS Discussion by Fzakaria Level 2 Member (4,040 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Ideally, it should be recognized by setting up the grant as deferred income (a liability). Deferred income must be recognized in the income statement on a systematic and rational basis over the useful life of the asset.

Dr. Investment
Cr. Deferred income – government grant
answered Oct 11, 2017 by Reno