• Register
Search Questions / Answers

Welcome to AccountantAnswer Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers. Although you need not be a member to ask questions or provide answers, we invite you to register an account and be a member of our community for mutual help. You can register with your email or with facebook login in few seconds

Get AccountantAnswer App


We capitalized a land in the previous year with stamp duties and part of the stamp duty has been refunded by the authority. we need to clarify whether this refund should be set off against the value of the land.
in IAS 16 - Property, Plant and Equipment by

1 Answer

0 votes
You can account for that as per IAS 8 Accounting Policies, Changes in Accounting Estimates and Errors.

Correct all errors retrospectively. Restate the comparative amounts for prior periods in which error occurred or if the error occurred before that date and restate opening balance of assets,
liabilities and equity for earliest period presented.
by Level 2 Member (3.4k points)
Thank you very much for the help!