• Register
Search Questions / Answers

Welcome to AccountantAnswer Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers. Although you need not be a member to ask questions or provide answers, we invite you to register an account and be a member of our community for mutual help. You can register with your email or with facebook login in few seconds

Get AccountantAnswer App

How to record an increase in fair value of an asset?

How do I recognize an increase of fair value of an investment property? What should be the accounting entries?

asked Jan 15, 2014 in IAS 40 - Investment Property by anonymous

1 Answer

+1 vote
Best answer
From your question it is assumed that fair value model has been adopted.

In such case, when fair value has increased the recording goes as follows:
DR     Investment property
CR     Income from increase in fair value
answered Jan 28, 2014 by Amnesiac Level 2 Member (2,830 points)
selected Jan 28, 2014 by Visio