• Register
Search Questions / Answers

Welcome to AccountantAnswer Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers. Although you need not be a member to ask questions or provide answers, we invite you to register an account and be a member of our community for mutual help. You can register with your email or with facebook login in few seconds

Get AccountantAnswer App


Some countries (i.e Korea & Thailand) has the rules and regulation to keep certain percentages as a legal reserve when the company declare dividends. Wanted to find out what's correct double entry in accordance to IFRS, appreciated if someone briefly explain why the double entry has to be as such as well.

Cheers and Thanks~
in General IFRS Discussion by

1 Answer

0 votes
I am not aware of specific provisions in the statutes of such countries. However generally speaking, double entries to set a aside some amount from revenue reserves would be as follows:

Dr Revenue reserve
Cr Specific provision
by Level 5 Member (25.6k points)